- Rare Funk Night at The Lofi with J’Emily.
- Olympus Spa with Mom.
- Opulent Temple “Wonderland” party – such creative costumes! I went as my take on the Queen of Hearts to this fundraiser for a Burning Man camp.
- Hippocampus Valentine’s Day “Love Affair” fundraiser party – our Hippo friends did such an incredible job decorating the space – it was truly transformed!
- Tweeting for my client’s #MuseumBowl twitter campaign during the Super Bowl and celebrating Rusty’s birthday with his “deflate-cake”.
- A Girls Night In with delicious grilled cheese.
- Din Tai Fung in and arcade games in Bellevue with Erin, Paul, Alida, Will and Brandon.
- Bike shopping for the nieces (my christmas present to them).
- Green Barley Noodles at Shanghai Garden with Tom and Jill.
- Happy Hour with Michelle Leyva at Dragonfish.
- Teatro Zinzanni starring Lady Rizo! Brandon and I were sat with Michelle and her husband, Katie Williams and her friend and Lily Verlaine and Jasper McCann. Lady Rizo is absolutely incredible – don’t miss this show!
- Trove (Korean BBQ that you cook at your table) double date with Katie and Eli. Next time we’ll get the “Modest Meat Tower” – the “Baller Meat Tower” was WAY too much (delicious) food. Great restaurant but I wish they would allow you to order from their noodle menu in the back! I hate that it’s split in two and you can’t cross order.
- Turning 35.
- Surprise date night with Brandon to the library and Chan.
- Blue Grotto and Ladywell Spa with Rachel.
- Getting my second and third tattoos on my 35th birthday! It was fun surprising Brandon when he got home from work that day – I didn’t tell him I had made a tattoo appointment!
- Dinner with Brandon, Mom and Dad at Roaring Bowl. Love their shabu shabu!
- Seattle Wine & Food Experience with Billie.
- Umi Happy Hour with J.B. and Harmony.
- Decluttering and organizing in my home!
- Playing records that my parents passed along to me.
- Seeing my niece Nara (age 12) perform at Wintergrass, playing her violin.
- Dancing to March Fourth Marching Band at Showbox. An incredible performance and awesome stilt walkers!
Movies & TV Shows I enjoyed:
Inn at the Market in Pike Place Market is hosting a giveaway for a big “POMPEII: The Exhibition” Prize Package! The winner will receive passes on Amtrak, a night at Inn at the Market, and tickets to see POMPEII at Pacific Science Center.
Special offer to Seattle Pockets readers!
Use this link:
for $15 tickets to see “Jasper in Deadland” at The 5th Avenue Theatre in downtown Seattle
Valid for performances:
Thursday, April 30, 8 PM
Friday, May 1, 8 PM
Saturday, May 2, 2 PM
Saturday, May 2, 8 PM
Sunday, May 3, 1:30 PM
About the show:
An electrifying new pop/rock musical in the spirit of RENT and Spring Awakening, Jasper in Deadland takes audiences on a mythological thrill-ride through the underworld. As teenage Jasper faces gods and monsters in search of his best friend (and true love) Agnes, he learns to let go of the demons of daily life and embrace the music within. With a pulsating contemporary score and vibrant roots in ancient Greek, Egyptian, Roman, and Norse legends and fables, this spine-tingling, hair-raising, heart-stirring show explores what it means to be truly alive.
Mamma Mia! returns to The Paramount March 24 – 29! ABBA fans, rejoice!
I saw this show many moons ago and am SO excited to be taking my friend Somer, one of the biggest ABBA friends I know, to see it with me next week. It’s a ridiculous, bright and cheery musical with a goofy plot and a bunch of ABBA’s greatest hits. If you’re an ABBA fan like Somer and me, you’ll be dancing in your seat and making plans to karaoke these tunes soon after. It’s total cheese and camp, but what else would you expect from an ABBA musical?
The MarchFourth Marching Band is coming to the Showbox in the Market (one of my favorite spots in Seattle to see live music) Saturday, February 28!
Don’t forget your earplugs – this production is anything but quiet. Stilt walkers and Saxophones! Dancers and Drummers! Trombones! Acrobatics! Guitars! This wild whirl of visual and musical fun is a great reason to dress in a way you feel AWESOME and get out and dance this Saturday. Will I see you there?!
More info: http://marchfourthmarchingband.com/
In their own words: “MarchFourth: Steamfunk Rock-n-Roll Circus Party
Aside from the marching band-themed costumes, as well as the 5-piece percussion corps and 7-part brass section, M4 is far from a “marching band” in any traditional sense (though they have been known to parade down Main Street before taking the stage). M4 is anchored by funky electric bass and has been evolving into a more guitar- and vocal-driven musical experience. The show will take you on a journey from the swamps of Louisiana to the gypsy sounds of eastern Europe to the streets of Brazil, echoing the deepest grooves of American funk, rock, and jazz then boiling it all together in cinematic fashion with high-stepping stilt-acrobatics and dazzling dancers. This genre-busting, in-your-face experience is not to be missed! What began as a Fat Tuesday party in Portland, OR. on March 4th 2003, has since become one of the nation’s best live touring acts.”
Photos and video: