2/12 update – special offer from SWFE: “Still looking for the perfect gift for your sweetie this Valentine’s Day? Why not grab a pair of tickets to this year’s Seattle Wine and Food Experience – we’re offering2 tickets for $90 (value: $110). Use code “CUPID” whenpurchasing! Offer good until February 13 at midnight!”
Seattle Wine and Food Experience is back this month: February 24th at the Seattle Center Exhibition Hall. The venue large to accommodate all the local Washington Wines, regional wines (Idaho, Oregon, California), as well as spirits, cideries and breweries and more. A wide range of fabulous Seattle restaurants and food vendors will be on site to sample great tastes. Discover new restaurants and vendors you may not have tried yet! Food and Wine, the perfect combination!
Here are some of my tips when attending this event:
- Get your tickets early (this event tends to be popular, so don’t wait until
- Check out the lists of who will be there (wine + other beverages and food) in advance!
- Make a list of food/drink booths you want to visit. I like to make a list of “favorites” (those I’ve tried before and LOVE) and “newbies” – always try wines you haven’t tried before, that’s a big part of what makes this event fun!
- Bring a bag! Sometimes restaurants and wineries will hand out coupons/tasting passes etc – you’ll run out of pocket room fast! A bag is always good to carry your water bottle with you too
- Drink lots of water! Hydration is key.
- It’s ok to spit or dump! A lot of wineries will give you an ample pour – this is so you can see the color of the wine and smell it easier – it’s ok not to drink it all! Your senses will diminish as you get buzzed and a lot of the fun of this event is finding wines you’ll want to buy later
- Talk to the folks pouring wine, but feel free to engage in conversation with them as you step to the side and invite them to pour for the people behind you. You can still chat them up while you let others listen in and sip for themselves
Here’s your chance to win a pair of tickets! First, leave a comment on this post stating a specific winery or other beverage or restaurant/food vendor you’re excited to check out at Seattle Wine and Food Experience. Then be sure to visit the rafflecopter entry form and enter to win tickets by getting credit for your blog comment, liking Seattle Pockets on Facebook and more! Contest closes at 11:59pm Pacific Time February 14th. Disclaimer: I was given a pair of tickets in exchange for this preview piece. As always, I only promote events I’m personally excited about…and I am SO excited about this event coming back. I had a great time last time!