This three day celebration of wine (and, you guessed it, food) is a fun social event where you’ll be able to delight your taste buds while you enjoy delicious sips and bites. Still not sure what to get your sweetie for Valentine’s Day? This is a great gift!
There are three events to choose from (or pick up a weekend pass and enjoy them all). Friday is “Pop! Bubbles & Seafood” at McCaw Hall in Seattle Center, Saturday
is “Comfort: Seattle’s Best Feel-Good Foods and Crafty Brews” at Fremont Foundry, and Sunday is The Grand Tasting at McCaw Hall.
Be sure to bring a bottle of water with you (hydration is key!) and a charged cellphone (snap photos of favorite wine labels and restaurants to remember them later).
Here are 5 reasons to go to each event:
POP! Bubbles & Seafood: Friday, February 24, 2016 at McCaw Hall
1. Champagne, Sparkling Wine, Cava, Cremant, and more than 40 kinds of bubbles to sample
2. World-class seafood, including oyster bars, from 20 of Seattle’s best chefs
3. Specialty cocktail and cider (and tunes by DJ Dubreezy)
4. The Callebaut Belgium Chocolate Lounge featuring bites from Seattle’s top pastry chefs
5. Dozens of Reserve Red wines from top wineries
Comfort: Seattle’s Best Feel-Good Foods and Crafty Brews: Saturday, February 25, 2016 at Fremont Foundry
1. Do-it-Yourself Bars: Hot Toddy, Bloody Mary, s’mores, fry potato bar and more
2. Mac & cheese, burgers, fried chicken and other comfort foods
3. More than 50 craft beers, ciders, bubbly and more to quench your thirst between tasty bites
4. A doughnut wall!
5. Rock out with your friends to tunes by DJ Branden Landon and take photos in the Shutterbus
The Grand Tasting: Sunday, February 26, 2016 at McCaw Exhibition Hall
1. More than 500 wines, plus tastes from distilleries, beer and cider
2. Fare from 25 local chefs and 25 specialty food makers
3. The Savor Experience from San Luis Obispo County
4. The Sweet Suite–Indulge to your hearts content
5. Buy your favorite wine, beer, cider and spirits from the QFC product store benefitting Les Dames d’Escoffier
Want to enter to win two tickets to The Seattle Wine & Food Experience Grand Tasting? Of course you do.
You can enter via Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram, here.