Once in a blue moon, I like to gather with friends and watch movies from our youth.* On such occasions, we find it fun to throw in fun, festive accents like party favors, costume elements, related games…and sometimes, a drinking game. I came across the drinking game rules that Erin typed up for a special viewing of Robin Hood (Disney’s cartoon version) that she and Paul hosted at their house a while back. Here they are, in case you want to use them. Drink Responsibly**. You can pick from these rules, if you wish – you don’t need to follow them all!
Robin Hood Drinking Game
- When any character says “King Richard”
- When Prince John sucks his thumb
- When a character says “Crimenently”
- When you hear any alliteration (slimy slithery snake, bouncing bumbling bear, etc)
- When anyone says Oo-de-lally – SAY IT BACK – or drink!
- If you spot a continuity error in the film, call it out – everyone ELSE drinks
*Though the movies may be from our “youth and teenage years,” we do not condone underage drinking. Also, please, don’t drink and drive.
**No, “Responsibly” isn’t a liquor name or a specialty cocktail, but I agree with Paul that it should be.