Wine fans in Seattle are getting excited to raise a glass at the Seattle Wine & Food Experience, returning to Seattle Center February 26th from noon – 5pm. This event not only features Washington Wines, but will have a special focus on Oregon wineries. In addition, we’ll be able to taste Idaho, Californian and International wines while sampling small bites from over 20 local chefs. New this year: a beer and cider exhibit and (I can’t wait for this) a Northwest Distillery Row.
Admission is $49 per person, 21+, ID required. A portion of the ticket sales benefits The Giving Grapes Foundation, which has chosen Big Table, which exists to transform lives through community around food, offering practical and personal support. See below for your chance to enter to win a ticket to this grand event!
I’m particularly interested to see how the Northwest Distillery Row takes shape at this event! Distilleries involved include 44 North Vodka, Bainbridge Organic Distillers, Bakon Vodka, Bendistillery, Black Rock Spirits, BroVo Spirits, Fremont Mischief, Pacific Distillery, Sidetrack Distillery, Skip Rock Distillers, Soft Tail Spirits, Sound Spirits, Venom Vodka and ZAC Mezcal.
- Pinot Noirs from A to Z Wineworks, Cooper Mountain Vineyards, Rex Hill ,Youngberg Hilland and Anne Amie Vinyards
- Merlot from Don Carlo Vineyard
- Malbec and Viognier from Watermill Winery
- Muller Thurgau from Henry Estate Winery
- Borealis from Montinore Estate
- Viognier from Watermill Winery
- Everything from Erath. A few years back, I had an amazing trip with my mother, sister-in-law and her mother to Erath (if you are ever in their area, do make a point to stop by their tasting room), so am particularly interested in trying their Pinot Gris and Pinot Noirs.
Of the Washington wineries, I’m looking forward to sipping:
- Syrahs from Airfield Estates, Glen Fiona, Woodinville Wine Cellars and Robert Ramsay Cellars
- Columbia Winery, Chateau Ste. Michelle and Hogue Cellars (wines I often pick up when out shopping)
- Sauvignon Blanc from DiStefano Winery
- Riesling from Diversion Wine and Milbrandt Vineyards
- Merlot from Girly Girl Wines, Glencorrie Winery and Waterbrook Winery
- Hestia Cellars
- Kiona Vineyards and Winery (if you have a chance to visit them, do! They have a gorgeous view)
- Chardonnay from Orca Wines
- Onxy 2008 from Terra Blanca Winery (another great winery in Red Mountain)
- Malbec from Three Rivers Winery
And let’s not forget the food! Restaurants that have caught my eye include: A la Mode Pies, Cicchetti Kitchen & Bar, The Coterie Room, Lola, Luc, Purple Cafe & Wine Bar, Spur Gastropub, Wild Ginger and Tavern Law.
Contest has ended! Congrats to winner Katie Hope!
*Restaurants/Wineries: want me to hyperlink to your site? Just post the link as a comment below! Is your restaurant or winery not mentioned here? Comment below and I’ll be sure to swing by your booth at the event!