Here are some of my favorite reads of 2020!
Reading is one of my favorite hobbies. This year I was lucky enough to have the time to read 35 books/audiobooks. Note: I use the term “reading” and “books” in this post to also include “listening” and “audiobooks.” This year, I used Scribd,* the Libby App & Seattle Public Library, bought a few, and got gifted some as presents and via my local Buy Nothing group.
Details on all the books can be found on my Goodreads page.
My 2020 Top 5 Favorite Fiction Books:
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
- The Power by Naomi Alderman
- On the Come Up by Angie Thomas
- Anxious People by Fredrik Backman
- Circe by Madeline Miller
(Honorable Mentions go to The Hate U Give, The Nickel Boys, and Kindred.)
My 2020 Top 5 Favorite Non-Fiction Books:
- Breath: The Science of a Lost Art by James Nestor
- Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking The Stress Cycle by Emily and Amelia Nagoski
- The Upward Spiral Workbook: A Practical Neuroscience Program for Reversing the Course of Depressionby Dr Alex Korb
- How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed by Lori Gottleib
(Breath, Burnout and Upward Spiral are all books I draw from in my upcoming “Worry Less & Manage Stress” Program. Honorable mentions go to The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel K. van der Kolk and Between the World and Me By Ta-Nehisi Coates)
Find these books and everything I have read on my goodreads page at goodreads.com/keridwyn.Continue reading